Sunday, June 20, 2010

Jun 03 2010 - ship's log 07: English Bay

English Bay

June 3rd - A meeting with the brazilian ILAC conseulor was scheduled to 2pm. There Jussara - the brazilian ILAC's conselour, was waiting for us. After Grammar class Ana and me met Raíssa on the way to the meeting, we entered in the room together, we were the last. All of us were about in 10 students. Jussara told us, about ILAC, and gave some tips about Vancouver: like to be careful if you buy a bike, because she bought one and locked on the street, and when she came back, only the frame was there - the wheels, pedals, etc were stole; and about her stole bag in a fine restaurant. I had some doubts and asked her, she didn't have all the answers, so she advised me to look for the responsibles for each area - visa, get a job, etc.

After the meeting we started to knew each other - Andreia, Raíssa, Lucas, Matheus, Renato, Larissa, Raíssa. They decided to eat something - Mc Donalds. After that Andréia met Masfer who guided us to English Bay.

It was the first real one sunny day, the days before were sunny only at night [after 6pm]. It was the first contact with the Pacific Ocean, smells like colder and harder than Atlantic. There I took some good pictures, and finally started to use my cam.

Caming back, in the bus a canadian old man, started to talk with us, guessing where we were from and after that about lady gaga - interesting city, I tought.

I got the skytrain and came back to homestay. After dinner I went training with Jim.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Bay_%28Vancouver%29
my pics: http://picasaweb.google.ca/norritt.icarus/EnglishBayJune3rd?authkey=Gv1sRgCKjP9d7VmJTV7QE#

No comments:

Post a Comment