Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Jun 02 2010 - ship's log 06: On Wednesday night.

Wednesday - on the day before I made a list of things to get down: cel phone, medical insurance number, bycicle prices, compare the prices living in a homestay and sharing a place. I arranged with Kaya a time to meet him and find a SIM card to my cell phone.

After classes we met in front of ILAC and I had to explain to Kaya that I forgot my money. Then we came back home and went to Oakridge Mall - where Kaya bought his cell phone. There are a lot of phone stores, I guess more than in Brazil. The cell phones are expensive, like all the things here. Kaya guide me to Fido's stand - he told me that he made the research on the mall to buy his cell phone. I trust him and asked to the attendant about my cell phone. I had verified that mine could works here, she tested inserting a SIM card, and told me that the cell phone was unlocked. I bought the SIM card, and she tested again, and like happened in Buenos Aires, it doesn´t work, though. She suggested me to find the Roger's store, another provider company. There I asked to the attendant about my phone, after a few tests he explained me that my cell phone was unlocked, however not prepared to the frequency used in Vancouver. So we had to come back to Fido's stand to buy a new cell phone, I took the cheaper one [CAD$50], another nokia - Nokia 1661. Coming back I could test the IPad at the Apple Store, really nice gadget, but I can wait.

After dinner Karen called everybody to go to a party. Usually the ESL Club - ILAC's partner, provide free tickets to students: pubs, nightclubs, etc. The free ticket on that night was to Tonic Nightclub, and there she wanted to take us for her farewell party. Kaya refused the invite, and they forgot to call Jim, so we were: Karen, Cindy, Guillermo, Jun and me.

A slow line was waiting for us, and I could see many ILAC students. After 45min we entered. There Karen and Guillermo paid the first round beer. I supposed to not drink, but they had paid, and I had to accept. The second round was paid by Cindy and Jun. At this time I saw Nana - college's friend, and we greeted each other, she took some pics, and invited me to a tequila shot - tequila cruda, that I refused. I went to her table and knew other brazilian girls and a japanese one. After that I came back to homestay siblings.

Brazilian, mexican, and all pop songs was played there. Cindy and Jun came back earlier [11pm] we stayed until midnight, and I payed the last beer round [$9]. After that they wanted to keep drinking, we entered in a pub, there Guillermo ask for a beer pitcher, some minutes after, Karen ask for 3 tequilas cruda. During this time, the bartender made 4 cocktails, wich 2 were virgins. Karen wanted to try, and I had not payed yet, so I agree to pay a cocktail. The bartender prepared it, but she didn't require the payment, Karen's idea was skip the payment. When we was going out, the bartender ask for the payment, and I had to pay [$8,5]. Coming back they wanted to buy something to eat, so they got a pizza slice each one. We took the skytrain and came back.


http://oakridge.shopping.ca/cambridge/jsp2/index_flash.jsp?mallid=oar
http://www.fido.ca/
http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal
http://www.nokia.ca/find-products/phones/nokia-1661
http://www.thetonicclub.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment