Sunday, June 13, 2010

Jun 01 2010 - ship's log 05: Backing to school

First class day, be at school 8 o'clock to know your level and buy the books. Entering in school's building I met Ana. At 8:00am, like the day before, the doors were open.

I've got Pre-Advanced level with the book World Pass, Ana got the same level, but another book. Our both main classes were in London building, another building where ILAC have rooms. We went there.

Arriving in the class I met the teacher, Jassamine, and my new classmates - Daisuke, Nozo and Yuko from Japan; Rafael and Aline from Brazil, Andy -bear-, Lance and Seo from Korea; Eddie from China; and Igor from Russia.

The guys are very crazy, and the class was funny. My first topic - If clauses. I had studied this at Wise Up, but incomplete, because I've learned more about it. The break time was at 10:00am - only 10min. An the lunch is at 11:30 o'clock. To have the lunch I went to the Main building, to find Ana or Raíssa, I had my lunch - a sandwich, in the lounge , with Ana, because we got the same elective class - Grammar, and crossed by Raíssa. After that we went upstairs to our class. The elective class doesn't be part of your final grade, we don't have tests and absent mark. In this class we met new classmates: Yuna, a korean girl and Chloe a chinese girl. Yuna recognized my brazilian accent. The class was very easy, about reflexive pronouns.

First impressions of class: cute teacher, crazy classmates, many things to learn - of course that a 18 months course [wise up] is not enough. The Grammar class are easier than main classes, it's a kind of change the subject, to use English in another contexts.

At night, I arrived at home, and knew better the new guy - Jim, another korean boy. He never studied English before, only for 3 months by himself. After dinner Guillermo and me went to running on Memorial Park.

http://www.ilac.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment